Friday, February 16, 2007

In The Interests of Full Disclosure

I've been thinking about this for awhile and I think I should probably give you a little background on my voting history. I think this may give you a better idea of my political evolution. Not that you care, of course, but...

1992/Primary/Paul Tsongas
1992/General/Bill Clinton

1996/General/Bill Clinton

2000/Primary/John McCain
2000/General/George W. Bush

2004/General/George W. Bush

Yeah, I changed from being a somewhat disappointed Democrat to being a Republican in the late 90s. I don't honestly know what I can tie that to. If there was a specific event it was Monica-gate, but I really think it was more than that. I just think that with time I came to see through the Democrat talking points.

Anyway, the interesting one there (if any of them are interesting) is the vote for Paul Tsongas. Part of that is my love of the lost cause. Tsongas wasn't going to win. I knew that when I voted for him. More of it, however, had to do with his unique mix of left and right. I think that in a lot of ways my vote for him was a precursor of my eventual switch. He was sort of a gateway politician. I wonder if I am unique in that. Anyone? Bueller?

No comments:

Post a Comment