Sunday, February 11, 2007

Stang

There's just something about a Mustang.

Now, I've never owned one, but I will tell you that my best friend in high school owned a 1989 Mustang. To say that he loved the thing would be the understatement of the year. He just about worshiped it. What is surprising about that is that the late 80s were not really the golden age of the Mustang. In my opinion, they were a little boxy at the time. Not at all exciting, at least not to me.

A lot has changed in the last fifteen or twenty years though. A few years ago the Mustang really came back with a fury. I can honestly say that I would love to have one of the new Mustangs. They have really managed to recapture what has always made the Mustang an American classic. They have captured the sense of speed, even danger, that makes a Mustang what it is.

One of my co-workers has a 2006 Mustang. A gorgeous blue. Now, she screwed up by passing on the leather seats and the convertible top. I mean, if you are going to buy a Mustang you really have to go all the way, am I right? At any rate, if I were in the market for a Mustang I would get one just like her's... Only I would not make the same mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment