Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Really Do Need To Stop

One Note Andy: Butching Up Jesus

You know, I've said before that I'm going to stop reading One Note Andy. Unless you want to hear about gay marriage for the hundredth time, he really doesn't have anything of interest to say anymore. I keep saying that I'm going to stop but I keep going back. Sort of masochistic, I guess. No... What it is really is a perverse desire to make myself pissed off. I blog more when I'm pissed. Andy is always useful for that if nothing else.

Today Andy, who is always quick to get mad when anyone insults his lifestyle, accuses members of a new Promise Keepers-type group of being, his term, "closet cases". This is one of the things I really hate about the militant gays. Personally, I think that deep down they recognize that they are living an abnormal life. That's why they are desperate to believe that others share their perversion. Misery does love company, after all. That's why they hear about Abraham Lincoln sleeping in the same bed as another man when traveling (not at all uncommon), they assume he was gay. When they read about Jonathan and David from the Bible they assume that any close male friends have to be gay. Likewise, when Christian men come together and try to reinforce each other's faith, try to encourage men to take an active part in the church and in the religious lives of their families (instead of leaving the burden on mom as is so often the case) they must be "closet cases".

Screw it. This time I really do mean it. This will be my last One Note Andy post. Even blogging productivity isn't worth wasting my time on his drivel any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment