Sunday, March 18, 2007

I'm Almost Done

Dems Seek Maximum Political Gain in Attorneys Uproar - Politico.com

Drill down into this story and you see a note that "key figures" on both the Democrat and Republican side expect the Attorney General to end up resigning over this.

Washington "resignations" are usually thinly-veiled firings. I was not that thrilled by the replacement of Ashcroft with Gonzales in the first place, but if Dubya fires him over this then I am finished defending the President. I'll continue defending his policies (when he is right) but I will not offer any defenses of him individually. I think that's where most of the base is and it's where I'm going to be shortly.

This is a trumped up "scandal". If Dubya doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to this shit then I'm not going to waste my time and energy on him. It seems like the only think Dubya will go to the mattresses on is the War. Bully. If he could only pick one thing than that would be the one thing to pick. The problem is that there is no law that says he is only limited to one thing. If he chooses to limit himself in that way then it's his problem, not ours. He could go on the offensive on all fronts if he chose to.

So there it is, Mr. President. Not that you're all that worried about losing the active support of one small blogger. Individually I don't matter. The fact that people like me are losing faith, however, should be setting off alarms.

No comments:

Post a Comment