Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I Guess I'm Dishonest Then

Dodd asks: What if your child were gay? - Yahoo! News

CONCORD, N.H. - Democratic presidential hopeful Chris Dodd told high school students Wednesday that people debating gay marriage should ask themselves just one question: What would you do if your child were gay? Dodd said anyone who would deny a gay child the right to be happy isn't being honest.

Buzz... Nice try, Senator. Johnny, tell him what he has won. Good parents don't want their children to be happy at all costs. Good parents want their children to be moral and to find their joy in that. My beliefs, the beliefs that I am going to try to impart to the Bloglet, tell me that homosexuality is immoral. They tell me that homosexual marriage is contrary to natural and moral law. I desperately want the Bloglet to be happy, but I'm not willing to endorse any choice she makes so long as that choice makes her happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment