Wednesday, July 04, 2007

High Times

So I've been to Walmart twice so far today. In both cases, the place was covered up. Anyhoo, I went through the self checkout both times. You know, the way evil corporate Walmart is able to run four registers with only one cashier, thereby firing three people. Sorry, sometimes I channel Michael Moore.

No, but the thing I noticed both times was how many products are "controlled" in some way. I'm not talking beer and smokes. The first time out I bought cough syrup. It's friggin over-the-counter cough syrup. It's not like it's got codeine in it. Second time around, I went to get a can of compressed air to clean my laptop. Just like clockwork, the checkout went off as if I had a vile of crack. Yeah, I know all about huffing. I'm sure that's why I got jacked up against the wall and cavity searched.

Seriously, if kids want to get high then kids are going to get high. Acting like grandma is a member of the cartel just because she buys some Waltussin isn't going to keep one kid out of the gutter. All it's going to do is piss off the other 99.999999999999999999% of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment