Friday, July 20, 2007

Maybe They Serve Bacon, Too

"Activists Up Efforts To Cut Circumcision Out of Bris Ritual - Forward.com"

You know, I know that I'm the only person who gets worked up about this. I also know that I really don't (or shouldn't, anyway) have very much to say about Jewish religious rituals. But...

This whole thing of Jews rejecting circumcision really annoys me. Yeah, I know... See to my own foreskin... Seriously though, I don't like people who don't think that the rules apply to them. If you don't want to circumcise little Shlomo then don't. But don't pretend you're Jewish. I'm not going to go out and get snorting drunk and pretend I'm an observant Southern Baptist. We don't do that. If you're a Catholic on The Pill then maybe you need to start thinking about being an Anglican.

If you don't like the rules of the game then find another one to play. There are lots of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment