Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Halloween Comes Early This Year

There's nothing like a bone chilling horror movie.

Yeah, sometimes you want something light, sometimes you want something happy and sweet, but there are also times when you want to have the dickens scared out of you. Few horror movie series can live up to the Halloween movies for raw terror.

Things are only going to get more chilling with the latest incarnation of the classic series. Halloween the movie is coming out in just a few weeks (August 31st) and this time around it is a reimagining of the series from the very twisted mind of Rob Zombie.

The Halloween series has always been great, but I think that Halloween the movie as recreated by Rob Zombie can only make things even more blood-curdling. I mean, the series has been around for two decades so it is due for some updating. That isn't anything against the earlier movies, but even the classics deserve to be brought up to date every so often. I think that's exactly what Rob Zombie is going to pull off.

One of my favorite horror films was Blair Witch. Walking across a dark parking lot to my car after that last scene left me genuinely terrified. Having seen the trailer for the new Halloween film, I can honestly say that I'm ready to be just as terrified. Here's the trailer:



So, get ready to scream!



No comments:

Post a Comment