Monday, August 13, 2007

Wishful Thinking

Author: Rove exit signals 'end of Bush presidency' - CNN.com

You know how you can tell when you have a lazy partisan hack rather than a journalist? Look for the word "some." As in, "some suggest" or "some are saying." What that really means is "I want to make a point about something. I want to express my opinion. I'm sure there are other folks out there who agree with me so I get to write an opinion peace and sell it as reporting."

That's what you get from beginning to end in this piece. Since Karl Rove obviously did Dubya's thinking for him, now that he's leaving the Bush presidency is over. To make the point, they turn to the co-author of a Rove hit piece, a book they identify as "The Architect." Now, the full title of the book was "The Architect: Karl Rove and the Dream of Absolute Power." Of course, if they gave the full title of the book you would realize that the source of this opinion isn't some unbiased political scholar but a definite partisan who is also the co-author of "Rove Exposed: How Bush's Brain Fooled America."

Oh well... I'm sure Karl will be fine. He'll probably be hosting a network Sunday morning talk show shortly. You know, just like Stephanopoulos.

Dammit... Where is that SARCASM tag when you need it?

No comments:

Post a Comment