Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Blogger Malaise

You may not have noticed it, but I've had a bad patch of blogging lately. I just can't seem to find much that interests me enough (or, more typically, makes me angry enough) to blog about.

The War goes on and on. I don't get as worked up by the Democrat's talking points because, quite honestly, I've learned to tune them out. Even the disgusting MoveOn.org hit-ad on General Patraeus can't get much of a rise out of me. It's just more of the same. It's also nothing but talk because everyone knows that the troops are not coming out while Dubya is in the White House. Even after he leaves, large numbers of troops are going to stay in Iraq whether it's Hillary, Rudy or someone else. Everyone knows this. The rest is just theater.

And speaking of politics... Those aren't motivating me either. I suppose I could have gone to town on the last debate or on Fred Thompson entering the race, but I'm just not feeling it. The election is SOOOO far away. Most of the people on stage are not serious candidates. They'll be gone before the first snows fall in New Hampshire. Why spend a lot of time and energy on the race right now?

There isn't even much to talk about on TV right now. I'm not going to spend/waste my time or yours talking about Miss Teen South Carolina or Britney or any of the rest of it. I'm not interested and neither are you. The Fall season just seems to start later and later so that leaves me with Big Brother. To be honest, there's only so much you can say about that freak show in a non-Dr. Will year. Particularly this year when the casting has been so poor.

Put it all together and you've got blogging blahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment