Saturday, September 01, 2007

Prison Rape Is Okay In Florida

I guess it must be, anyway, since the Florida Department of Transportation has based their latest ad campaign around it. What I am referring to is an anti-drunk driving spot that features a clean cut young fellow going to prison for drunk driving. A grizzled-looking prisoner sees him and says, "I hear you like to party." New fish rushes to the bars and screams!

Now, nobody likes drunk driving and I'm all for discouraging it, but is it really appropriate for the State of Florida to be telling people that if they commit crimes they are going to be anally raped?

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this commercial too, and was astonished the State would endorse such tactics in its ads.

    I've contacted the FDOT & we'll see what response they give, if any.

    ReplyDelete