Monday, January 26, 2009

Freedom of Religion

.: Amy Robach's Exclusive Interview With Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich

One of the great things about America is that we can worship in our own way. Some people go to church on Sunday, some go to the mosque on Friday. Me? I go to the temple on Saturday. No, not THAT temple. Oy. No, I go to the Temple of Amy.

So Saturday morning, I'm all set for my usual routine. It's one minute before the hour and I'm on my knees in front of the hi-def ready to spend two hours worshiping Amy Robach. I hear the familiar music playing so I bow down and wait. And then...

What the crap? That's not Amy. That's Jenna Wolfe. Oh my God! I must have gone to sleep on Friday night after Battlestar and slept all the way through until Sunday morning.

As it turns out, no. It was still Saturday. Jenna was filling in for Miss Amy. Hmph, I think. Not liking this. I mean, I understand that She Who Must Be Worshipped needs a vacation every now and then, but what about me? What about my needs?

She's "on assignment" they say. Oh well! La dee da! What was so important that they had to ruin my Saturday? Screw this, I'm eating pie for breakfast!

Well, turns out that Miss Amy was off snagging an exclusive interview with a crooked Illinois politician. No, the white one. That's right: Rod Blagojevich. So Amy chose him over me? After all I've done for her? And with that hair he has? What are you thinking, Amy? What are you thinking?

Seriously, this is a major, major coup for Amy and shows that NBC definitely views her as rising talent. The next star. Very well deserved, in my opinion.

Kudos to our Miss Amy! Oh, and since we're in a generous mood, I'm going to say something nice about Jenna. We still don't think she's hot, but we will concede that she is dramatically less annoying than she was when she started. I think she still gets on Lester's nerves, but she's better. I think someone must have had The Talk with her and told her to cool it.

Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment