Thursday, August 13, 2009

Once Again... Heck of a Job, Zuckie!

Breaking News - "LATE SHOW" REPEATS BEAT "TONIGHT SHOW" ORIGINALS! | TheFutonCritic.com

You know, the truth of the matter is that I like Conan. I honestly do. Certainly much more than I ever liked Jay Leno. In fact, at this point I prefer Conan to Letterman and that's just about television sacrilege in my book. Still, there it is.

No, this is about yet another triumph by the brain trust that runs NBC. You know the saying about how generals are always fighting the last war? Well, that's what Jeff Zucker and his company of fools did. They read The Late Shift (an excellent book, by the way) and decided not to have a messy succession this time around. So, they dumped/"promoted" Jay and moved Conan up.

Sure has worked out well, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment