Monday, March 08, 2010

More of Your Tax Dollars At Work

Today I got a letter from the Census Bureau.  Its purpose was to tell me that in about a week I'll be getting a letter from the Census Bureau.

I mean, really, does that make sense to anyone?  Combine that with those asinine commercials with Ed Begley, Jr. and I know I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

And you know, while we're at it, I'm sick to death of the commercials pointing out that the purpose of the census is to make sure that we get our "fair share."  In other words, it's about making sure we get money for schools and roads and sewers and hypodermic needles for junkies and whatever else.

Bunk.  It's about representation...  Or, at least, that's what it's supposed to be about.  It isn't supposed to be just another way of claiming our share of the government teet.

No comments:

Post a Comment