Sunday, May 30, 2010

But In My Defense I Never Wanted a Nazi Armband

Along with many, many other things, Glenn Beck has a bee up his ass about people wearing Che Guevara T-shirts. Che was a fairly bloodthirsty revolutionary who wasn't what you'd call overly scrupulous about things like... You know... Cold-blooded murder.

Stipulated.

That being said, I think it's important to realize that most people are reasonably stupid. There's nothing wrong with that, really. It's just a fact of life. Most people are pretty well consumed with their own existence and don't really have time for much else. They wear the Che t-shirt because they think it's cool. They're just ignorant.

I count myself in to that because there was a period during the early 90s when Barqs root bear was giving away Soviet military apparel as a promotion. Yeah, that watch might have been worn by a Russkie tank commander who turned Prague Spring into Winter... But screw all that, I want me some Commie swag!

I was 19 at the time which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about my intellectual ability. Of course, that would mean little to Glenn. Your or old, I'm just a useful idiot... At best.

No comments:

Post a Comment