Saturday, July 08, 2017

Undeniable Fact

Cable news rots your brain.

There really is no other explanation.  A certain member of my family watches it pretty much all day and he's (to be blunt) a political moron.  He hasn't just drunk the Trump Kool-Aid, he's chugged it.

In the interest of full disclosure I will concede that he was right about Trump winning and I was totally wrong.  Fair enough.  But the man honestly thought Trump might appoint "Judge Jeanine" to the Supreme Court.

He's a good and decent person but the only way I can be in the same room with him and not completely lose my mind is to basically ignore him when he tries to discuss news or politics.  I've genuinely made some effort, or think I have, to understand what it is people see in Trump.  Intellectually, I think maybe I get it to an extent, but I still find it so idiotic that I can't be in close quarters with it and not lose my mind.

Maybe that says more about me than him.  I honestly don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment